Monday, April 07, 2008

Fishing Report

Chuck Benson (St. Louis) caught this 30-pound striper Saturday morning not far from PCM. He and his buddy, Steve Ponzar, were in town for the weekend pre-fishing for a tournament on Sunday. They went out Saturday morning, and it couldn't have been an hour later I saw them coming in. They motored up to the main dock and said, "Get your camera!" I think they were pretty excited when they pulled that thing out of the water.

Speaking of fishing, a few people have called to ask for a fishing report. From what I've heard it's been a little tough since the lake is continuing to rise; however, there are people catching fish. I talked to a guy a couple days ago who said he caught a limit of crappie recently--and like a typical fisherman, he wouldn't tell me where or on what! Jeannie Looper said yesterday she caught a couple largemouth on Saturday afternoon. The water temp is about 54 degrees F.

No comments: