Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Battling the Storms

Sorry the updates have been few and far between lately. Not too much going on here. We did make it through the storms and high wind okay over the weekend, in case anyone is concerned. We had a few minor problems, but nothing major. And it really wasn't from the storms Saturday night. It was just flat windy on Sunday. Crazy windy. The docks were rocking and walkways were coming out of the water two feet. It was nuts. From what I've heard Oakland Marina took the brunt of it. I heard 80% of their docks were damaged, including the store. Hopefully they'll be able to re-open in time for the holiday, but I really don't know.

Speaking of the holiday (next weekend!), we are getting geared up and ready for you. If the weather will just cooperate, we'll be in good shape. Parking may be a little tight, but we'll all just have to park where we can -- I'll probably just walk to work! It's hard to believe Memorial weekend is only 10 days away. We certainly haven't had a very nice spring. Maybe summer will arrive soon. :)

By the way, Just Jackie's will open full time again starting next Wednesday, May 21.

7 comments:

Duane said...

Thank you for the up dates. It is always good hearing from you about the lake conditions when ever you find the time

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

Thanks for the comment! Glad you enjoy the blog. :)

Anonymous said...

One has to wonder what calendar you are using? This was posted on the 13th, yet you say the holiday is "next weekend," and it's "hard to believe Memorial Day is only 10 days" away? No matter how I look at my calendar, I can't make that work!

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

When I say Memorial weekend is next weekend, I mean it's NEXT weekend, not THIS COMING weekend. And I said Memorial "weekend" (not Memorial "Day") is 10 days away. May 23 is 10 days from today. May 23 is next Friday, which is the start of "Memorial weekend." :)

Anonymous said...

You go Jabet... I knew EXACTLY what you meant!!!

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

Thank you very much!

RedHed said...

It never fails to amaze me how petty and picky some people can be. Most "folks" don't get our accent 'round these parts. :-)