Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday afternoon...

Just wrapping up a few things at the dock for the day and thought I'd write a quick update...

Not much happening here this weekend, although there were some hunters in and out. Bill Allen and Craig Mincke both got bucks opening morning. So far they're the only two I know about. Matt hunted in Ava with his dad and brother... He hasn't gotten anything yet. I'll just be glad when the season is over! I'm hearing gunshots from dawn 'til dusk. Yikes.

Speaking of hunters... Roger Lee told me the fire department served 202 dinners last night at its annual hunters' dinner. WOW! That is awesome. I haven't heard how much money they netted, but it sounds like it was a great fund-raiser for them.

The water is officially off at the dock. It did get below freezing a couple days last week (and now today it's like 75 and sunny... what??). I hope you've made arrangements for winterizing your boat if you haven't done it yet.

In the next couple weeks you'll be getting the final newsletter of 2007, plus your oh-so-fun renewal info with your slip rental price for next year. Just a heads up.

AND... I guess that's it for now. Oh! I talked to Mike Cochran yesterday. All the way from Iraq. He sounded good. Said he's coming home the first of December. Looking forward to seeing him.

And last but not least... GO TIGERS!

No comments: