Friday, March 13, 2009

Notice these signs?


Apparently the Corps posted a couple of these signs at the entrance to the Pontiac Park a couple of hours ago. Tony Allbright just alerted me of it about a half hour ago, so I ran up there and snapped this picture with my phone. We knew nothing of any plans to restrict camping here, so I immediately tried to reach the Mountain Home Corps office, but it was already closed for the day. You may have noticed the Corps has also tagged several trees in the park with white or orange ribbon - again, we're not sure what those are for, but we're assuming the orange trees are going to be removed (they seem to be in the worst shape) and the white trees are going to be trimmed because of broken limbs. We're just assuming the newly posted signs are related to the tree tagging. I'm sure it's only temporary and the park will be open soon for campers. (The park officially opens April 1 with water and electricity.) Between now and Monday I will be looking in to this and let you know as soon as I know more. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

No comments: