Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Campground/Lake Level Update

Well folks, the campground is almost ready to welcome campers again. Last week the tags were removed from all the trees, and yesterday, a crew was here mowing - it looks great! AND... new park attendants moved in. I haven't met them yet, but looking forward to getting to know them this year. I spoke with Carrie at the Mountain Home Corps office this morning, and she informed me they are planning to open May 15. I'm not sure why they're not going to open sooner, as it appears to me everything is ready to go. Who knows. But, that's the official word I got this morning.

The lake was at 660.4 yesterday, and it is predicted to crest at 662.7 on Friday. Hopefully we won't get any more significant rainfall in the next week. Right now, the water is over the lower road, so parking is limited to the top road. While it's definitely a manageable level, we're just hoping once it crests it will start back down toward normal pool.

The weather forecast for this week and early next week is much better than last... still chances of rain, but not as much, and a lot warmer.

1 comment:

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

A very nice park ranger named Ken just stopped by to let me know he had posted a "flooded area" sign at the entrance to the lower road, so no one would try to cross - please do not try to cross - and he said he thought the campground would be open by Thursday or Friday. Great news! As soon as it opens, I will let you know!