Tuesday, February 24, 2015

More photos from the Champion Tournaments, etc.

Linda Dunsmuir shared some pictures with me after I published the post about the Champion tournaments. Here they are. Enjoy.

Early morning, just before takeoff.
All the red, green and white lights looked like a giant Christmas tree.

A little later and a little closer to the action.

A little later again, with several boats already out.

A high water shot back in the early eighties.
The big tree on the second road (far right) was still standing.

Just Jackie's was "The Galley Restaurant" in this photo, and the fuel tanks were still in their old spot.

One of our many "rental items" over the years.
While this was a rental item at Pontiac Cove, a water patrol once stopped and told me that there were many pending lawsuits on Lake of the Ozarks that involved injuries from riding one of these things. He strongly suggested I sell it before it happened here. So I did.
Back in 1980, a distraught young woman and her very young son showed up at the dock. She told me she was out of gas and had no money, and I'm not sure she knew where she was. She asked if I would give her $5 worth of gas and promised to bring the money back later. She even offered to leave her son, Scott, as collateral. I had done this for someone once before, and I am pretty sure I never saw the guy again. But, I wasn't sure what I would do with them otherwise, so I took a chance on her. Well, she came back with the $5 and has been a friend and PCM customer ever since. In fact, after almost 35 years calling Linda my friend, my grandchildren, Lola and Finn Henry, now call her "Nanny." :)

Brian and Serena Dunsmuir (Linda's husband and daughter) in the boat that Linda and Scott first showed up in.

Written by Cap'n T. Morgan

1 comment:

Lyn said...

That distraught young women was lost. She still wanders around lost from one adventure to another to this day.