Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Beautiful Day

Sorry it's been so long since I've written an update. Things have been really quiet around here since school started. I was actually gone last weekend to a wedding in Hermann, MO. But I think there were quite a few people around. This weekend I anticipate will be a little slower. With Labor Day coming up NEXT WEEKEND! Can you believe it? But nevertheless, the weather is gorgeous. It's not too hot. And there has been a nice breeze. I can tell summer is winding down. I hate to think that it's going to be over soon. But in an effort to keep out-of-town folks interested in coming down during the fall and winter months... We are hosting the first-ever Pontiac Lake Cleanup and Full Moon Party on October 7. I know I've already told you about this... But I just want to keep putting a bug in your ear so you don't forget! AND... The first-ever Pontiac chili cook-off is scheduled for November 4. I'd like to have a bonfire to go along with this... Details are still in the works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :) Good day!

4 comments:

Lyn said...

A chilli cook off sounds cool, are we going to have judges?
I need to start practicing.

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

I think this is what we'll do... Everyone who pays to eat chili, we'll give them a ticket. And everyone who enters the contest will have a jar. And whichever chili you like the best, put your ticket in that jar. And whoever has the most tickets in the end wins. So everyone gets to be the judge.

Lyn said...

Now that is BRILLIANT I am in sounds like a load of FUN
Where is this taking place?

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

Not sure yet... On October 7 we're having our lake cleanup and a full moon party at the park pavilion with food and music. If that works out well then maybe up there? Might be too cold... Hmm. Not sure. I'll have to get back to you. :)