Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Let it Rain!


Finally, the sky opened up and a few drops actually hit the ground in Pontiac before they evaporated. I'm not sure how much rain we got last evening -- I took this pic this morning, but I think there might have already been some water in there from last week? Heck, I don't know. Not very helpful, am I? The lake is going down. Josh is adjusting cables today. We're about 3 feet low now. But not enough to cause any problems.

Gainesville schools start this Friday! Two of my helpers -- Aaron and Valerie -- are going back to high school. Aaron is a senior and Valerie a junior. Sam Eubank's last day at the dock is Friday. He's leaving for his first year of college at Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg, MO. I think he's going to help us out Labor Day weekend, but other than that, you won't be seeing him after this week! So if you do see him this week, wish him luck and tell him good-bye. Luckily Justin will continue living in Pontiac this fall while he attends Missouri State University in West Plains. I'm glad to have his help through the next couple months.

No comments: