Tuesday, October 24, 2006

DON'T feed the ducks

I know they're cute. Oh, so cute. But they only like you because you have FOOD! :) Please try to refrain from feeding our 3 little duckies here... They have started napping on the dock, and they leave nice little deposits EVERYWHERE! So I've been hosing that off each day. Yuck. Hey, I am guilty, too. I fed them a couple months ago when they first started coming around. I probably started it. It's probably my fault that they hang around all the time! But now I'd like them to fly south for the winter!

4 comments:

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

Hello! The chili cook-off is going to be at Charles Luna's garage, actually. He volunteered it, and it's a nice big building with plenty of outlets for power... The park doesn't have any electricity or water, so that wouldn't work out too well. But anyway, I've asked anyone entering to be there by 12:30. The tasting will start at about 1:00. That way we'll have time to get everyone set up, situated, etc. We will provide a keg of beer, soda and water. You might want to bring chairs... Oh, and the people will judge. Anyone who pays to eat will get a ballot and vote on his or her favorites. I can't think of anything else... Are you entering? Hope so! Let me know.

Lyn said...

Cardinals are now up 3-1... GO CARDINALS and Jackie is buying the beer tonight she won last nights pot!!!
I can re-locate the ducks for you if you like. Thanksgiving is coming up I was wondering what to cook???

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

Hey... be my guest! You can have the silly ducks. Actually, I haven't seen them today. Maybe someone already "took care of them." So... are you making chili next Saturday?

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

That could be interesting... :)