Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Infamous Dip

This was the most requested recipe after Saturday's picnic following the lake cleanup. Thank you to Kristy Laurie for bringing this dish! It was a hit!

Reuben Dip
One medium to large block of Swiss cheese, grated
16 oz sour cream
3 packages of Budding Corned Beef chopped, (I like to put it in the food processor and grate it up fine with the cheese)
2 packages of Cream Cheese, softened in the microwave
1 can of sauerkraut, drained (Bush's Sweet Bavarian is the best)

Mix all ingredients. Bake at 375 until bubbling in the middle and slightly browned on top. 30 to 45 minutes generally.

Best served with the little sliced loaves of Pepperidge Farm Rye bread (i think Pepperidge Farm, usually in the aisle with the sliced bread and buns). Crackers are great also!!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

whoo hooo we have the recipe.
I didn't eat it as a dip Saturday night it was SOOOOOOO GOOD I just chowed down and ate it like a side dish.
I am off to Harps to get the ingredients to make this.
Thanks
Now where is the recipe for the rum cake?
Off to the big chicken show tomorrow, wish me luck!

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

Ahhh! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about the show!

Rum cake... I remember someone bringing that... And I can't picture who it was!! I will find out!

And Megin... Can you make sure your mom and aunt get the recipe for the reuben dip?